Saturday, June 13, 2015

Review: Bridgeport Speedway




As a kid I grew up about 5 minutes away from the Bridgeport Speedway, listening to the sounds of racing cars and roaring engines, but I never ever went there. Until today.

My hubby, son, and I recently moved back to the area about a year ago and now that it's summertime we can hear the speedway from our new house. My kid has been begging and begging us to go, so we decided to check it out this evening. If you've never been to ANY kind of races then you are in for a surprise!


I've never been a big sports fan, much less a Nascar fan, so I figured I wouldn't be into it. Wrong. I was just as excited as my son and his friend! They race all kinds of vehicles and it's pretty exciting. I found myself on the edge of my seat watching the races, gasping when there was a crash, praying 'til they announced everybody was alright, and cheering for my favorite cars.


The kiddos enjoyed themselves, too. On Saturday nights they have a bounce house. And you and find all kinds of junk food, from water ice to funnel cake. They also have a candy shack and a souvenir stand. Your kids will totally want their own checkered flags to wave from the grandstand, and at $3 a piece you can't say no. Glow in the dark necklaces and bracelets are also popular, as are t-shirts. Be sure to bring cash, because most venders on the midway do not take credit cards. There is an ATM machine on the premises.


A word to the wise, though, it does get rather dusty! The cars sure do kick up some dust while they race around the oval dirt track at speeds up to 100 MPH. So don't come dressed up. And if you have a kiddo who doesn't like loud sounds, you'll probably want to bring noise-canceling headphones or earplugs.


Tonight was a special event and there was face painting and raffles. My son and his friend both bought tickets with their spending money and they both won grand prizes--a bike for my son and a scooter for his friend! Click here to check out upcoming events and races. Tickets are typically $15 for adults and kids 9 and under are free, so it's fairly inexpensive.



You should also check out the Bridgeport Speedway's Facebook page. Sometimes they will post early on in the day to let fans know that residents of a particular nearby town will enter admission-free that evening. You gotta love free!



 Tri-State Hot Spots gives Bridgeport Speedway 
3 out of 3 thumbs up!






No comments:

Post a Comment