Monday, June 15, 2015

Review: Sky Zone Trampoline Park, Moorestown NJ




So if your kid is anything like my kid, he or she has been dying to go to Sky Zone or some other such indoor trampoline park. A year ago, I had never heard of such a thing (we were still into the indoor moon bounce circuit). Now they are popping up all over the place!

We finally got around to going this past weekend because we were invited to a birthday party. The location we visited was the Sky Zone at Moorestown, New Jersey. My kid had a blast. Me? Eh, not so much.

Okay, so if you are a kid then Sky Zone is the place to be. I mean, there are arenas full of trampoline squares attached to tons of other trampoline squares. In addition to the trampoline arenas there is a huge foam block pit to jump into, as well as arenas for dodgeball/basketball, the latter of which my son wasn't into at all (we aren't an athletic bunch). You can literally bounce off the walls. Pop music booms overhead. The smell of pizza is in the air...and it was actually good pizza! Pretty magical.



Oh, and you get to wear fluorescent orange anti-skid socks made especially for Sky Zone. 


Alright. Here are the things I was not excited about...

1.) When you walk in there is a lobby where you check in (for parties) and computer kiosks for signing that waiver saying you won't sue them, blah blah blah. The lobby has no separation from the rest of the place, which means anyone can walk in and access the arenas. It gets VERY BUSY here, especially on weekends. I felt a bit nervy about the safety of my kid. I spent most of the time running back and forth between arenas, stalking my kid to make sure he was safe and sound. I would have been much more comfortable if there was some sort of divider set up.

2.) I followed my ten year old son to the rest room and stood outside the boys' room. He came right back out because he said there was urine EVERYWHERE. I immediately went to one of the counters in the lobby and told a worker. She said she would pass it on, but the bathroom stayed that way for the rest of our time at Sky Zone. Also, the whole place needed cleaning. There are tons of table and chair sets and couches and coffee tables throughout for parents to relax at. Most of the tables had trash laying on them and the couch I sat on had a big sticky something on it and left a stain on my shorts. Ick.

3.) Prices. And those socks. I looked into admission fees because as much as I was skeeved, I know that I will be returning someday. My son adores it and I can't be mad at something that gives the kids such good exercise. Here is what I found:

30 minutes of jump time is $12. Wait....What?? That's kinda steep for not even a whole hour of play!

60 minutes...$16

90 minutes...$20

120 minutes...$24

And it is highly recommended that you order tickets online in advance due to crowding and selling out. So this isn't something you do on a whim. It takes prep.

And you have to buy those orange socks. Now they are only $1 a pair and you can keep bringing them back. Of course I know my son well, and who am I kidding? He will lose those socks before the week is out. But you MUST have the socks to jump, so you'll be tacking on a buck per child every visit.

The super part about being there with a party was that those socks were part of the package so I didn't pay for them (yay). And instead of keeping them to reuse another time like I had considered, the party guests could trade them in for a t-shirt. My son was all about THAT. It did leave me wondering what they do with the used socks though...

There are tons of location in Pennsylvania and Delaware, too!
Click here to find the Sky Zone near you.


Tri-State Hot Spots gives Moorestown Sky Zone
2 out of 3 thumbs up!





No comments:

Post a Comment