Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Review: DSC (or as we called it as kids, Deptford Skating Center)




Deptford Skating Center was a staple of my childhood. I attended plenty of kiddie parties there in elementary school and as a pre-teen my friends and I went there on Friday nights to meet boys at Teen Scene. I guess you can say I have always been a fan!

Who ever would have thought that someday I would take my own son there? When he was 2ish I started taking him there with other mommies in our playgroup. They had a little skating lesson followed by open play/skate for a couple of hours. It's called Tykes Tuesday and they still have it (my kiddo is 10 now).


One year I decided to have my son's birthday party there. If you've ever looked around for a venue to book for a kid's party, I don't have to tell you that you can easily pay half a mortgage payment for a child's party. It's ridiculous! However, DSC is different. Parties start at $129.99, which is insanely cheap, and we went for the $179.99 option. In a nutshell, 8 kids can do all three activities available, which are of course skating AND the moon bounce thingies AND the FunZone which is a climbing play structure. DSC provides everything you need...pizza, drinks, paper products, balloons, skate rentals, and tokens for the arcade. All I had to do was show up with cake. My kid had a fantastic time and so did his friends. I highly recommend it!







DSC is also a great place because whenever there are school holidays, winter and spring breaks, and it's summer time they offer free skate sessions. Yeah, if your kids want to do the other attractions you have to pay for those. But it's still a great day out and will tire your kids out. And that's the sign of a good time, right? 



Tri-State Hot Spots gives Deptford Skating Center
 3 out of 3 thumbs up!


No comments:

Post a Comment